In light of recent global health concerns, Music Together Walla Walla is taking preventative measures to ensure our classes are as safe as possible for our families. This is a rapidly changing situation. We are paying close attention to the recommendations of the CDC and the Walla Walla County Health Department, as well as Music Together Worldwide. We will adhere to any guidelines put forth by public health officials as the situation develops, and we encourage you to contact us with any further questions and/or concerns.
PREVENTATIVE MEASURES FOR CORONAVIRUS
1. Teachers and families will wash hands (20 seconds is recommended) or use hand sanitizer before joining our class circle. Repeat at the end of class.
2. We will use Seventh Generation Disinfectant Wipes (food safe) on all musical instruments and Clorox Wipes on all mats and hard surfaces such as doorknobs and tables. As an added precaution, ALL instruments and surfaces will be sanitized between classes.
3. We ask families to strictly follow our sickness policy. Do not come to class under any circumstances if you, your caregiver or your child is exhibiting symptoms of cough, fever, or shortness of breath. We have an unlimited make-up class policy and we will offer a special make-up class at the end of the session to accommodate for the extra absences we expect this spring.
4. We reserve the right to ask a family to leave class and schedule a make-up class if they are exhibiting symptoms of illness.
5. Caregivers, please help guide children to avoid touching their noses, eyes or mouths.
6. Cough or sneeze into a tissue and then throw it away. We will have a supply on hand.
7. If you suspect the virus is present in your family, contact the Public Health Department and then let Teacher Dara know as soon as possible so we can alert our community.
For those of you looking for more answers, here is an excellent article that helps clarify one of the questions closest to our hearts right now, how might the Coronavirus affect our children?